The purpose of the Adults in Sport Resource Pack is to assist you in achieving best practice in safeguarding.
Also to understand how legislation applies to adults in sport and activity; and to know, beyond the legal requirements, the best practice for keeping adults safe within your organisation.Download the full Sport Resource Pack - Second Edition (PDF)
This pack includes:
Section 1: Background
– Safeguarding adults: terminology & acronyms
– Why your organisation needs a safeguarding policy and procedures
– Setting the scene for safeguarding adults
– Safeguarding adults at risk: definitions
– Six Principles of Safeguarding
– Why have a different safeguarding policy for children and adults?
– Making Safeguarding Personal
– Who Might Abuse Adults?
– Types of harm
– Safeguarding issues faced by sport and physical activity organisations
– Capacity – Making Decisions
Section 2: Policies and Procedures
– Creating a process to respond, record, report and refer
– Tips for writing and implementing your safeguarding adults policy and procedure document
– Safe recruitment process
– Organisation evaluation and action planning
Section 3: Information and Advice
– Relevant legislation and government initiatives
– Directory of organisations and useful contacts
– Guide to common conditions
– Safeguarding adults in sport policy and procedures templates:
Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures Template
A template to help organisations create their own Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures Document.
Download the Safeguarding Adults in Sport Policy Template (DOCX)
Download the Safeguarding Adults in Sport Procedures Template (DOCX)
Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures Template for Sports Clubs
A shorter version for clubs and affiliated organisations
A template to help clubs and affiliated organisations create their own Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures Document. Thanks to the Forest Flyerz, part of the Waltham Forest Hockey Club for their help in developing this.
Download the Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures Templates for Sport & Activity Clubs (DOCX)
Safeguarding Adults in Sport Online Course
We have a range of safeguarding adults eLearning courses to help you learn more about safeguarding adults at risk and learn how to recognise the signs of abuse, including our Safeguarding Adults in Sport course. Perfect for volunteers, safeguarding leads and welfare officers.Safeguarding Adults in Sport eLearning Courses