Safeguarding Week 2021
The Ann Craft Trust is hosting Safeguarding Adults Week from 15-21 November. This coincides with Safeguarding Week in Wales. We’d like you to take part by holding events and sharing information that will help make Wales a safer place for all.
In 2020, Sport Wales translated ACT resources for you to share in Welsh- and will be doing the same this year. Cyfieithodd Chwaraeon Cymru adnoddau Ymddiriedolaeth Ann Craft i chi eu rhannu yn y Gymraeg – byddwn yn gwneud yr un peth eleni.
If you are based in a sport and activity organisation, you can also explore our guide for how the sport and activity sector can support the week! Alternatively, you can see our guide for how organisations are getting involved in Safeguarding Adults Week 2021.
Safeguarding Adults Week Resources
Sport Wales have worked with us to translate some of the resources for Safeguarding Adults Week into Welsh. We hope these will be helpful in allowing you to further raise awareness of safeguarding adults as part of Safeguarding Week in Wales.
You can join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #SafeguardingAdultsWeek, #SaferWales and #DiogeluCymru.
Social Media Assets
We hope these social media assets help you to raise awareness of safeguarding on social media. Please click on the image you would like to use. You can then copy or save this onto your own device to use on social media. You can access social media assets in English here.
What is Wellbeing? Beth yw Lles?
What is Emotional Abuse? Beth yw Cam-drin Emosiynol?
What is Respectful Language? Beth yw Laith Barchus?
What is Digital Safeguarding? Beth yw Diogelu Digidol?
What is Adult Grooming? Beth yw Meithrin Perthynas Amhiriodol (grooming) ag Oedolion?
What are Safer cultures? Beth yw Diwylliant Diogelach?
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Mae diogelu yn gyfrifoldeb pawb.
Safeguarding Adults Week Posters
We have created posters to highlight the key themes for the week.
- Adult Grooming
Beth yw Meithrin Perthynas Amhriodol gydag Oedolion?
- Digital Safeguarding
3 Ffordd o Gadw’n Ddiogel Ar-lein
- Emotional Abuse and Safeguarding Mental Health
3 Ffordd o Ddiogelu Eich Iechyd Meddwl
- The Power of Language
Pŵer Iaith mewn Creu Diwylliannau Diogelach
- Safeguarding and You
Beth yw Fy Rôl i mewn Diogelu?
- Creating Safer Cultures
3 Ffordd at Greu Diwylliannau Diogelach mewn Sefydliadau
Safeguarding Adults Week- Events
To raise awareness during the week, The Ann Craft Trust have a range of training sessions taking place. Join us to develop your safeguarding practice!
- Tuesday 16 Nov – Free Seminar, Online Grooming and Sexual Abuse: A Personal Account
- Thursday 18 Nov – Grooming and Exploitation: Opening Eyes and Minds Conference
- Friday 19 Nov – Free Seminar: The Power of Language in Safeguarding Practice
- Tuesday 16, 19 & 23rd Nov – Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training for Managers and Designated Safeguarding Leads (This course relates to English safeguarding legislation)
- Various dates during October and November- Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity in Wales Training
Regional Safeguarding Boards
If you are based in Wales, there may also be events local to you hosted by regional Safeguarding Boards during the week. See the links below to explore what is happening in your area.
Safeguarding Week in Wales Resources
We have collected the following resources related to each of the themes of this year’s Safeguarding Week in Wales.
Emotional Abuse and Safeguarding Mental Health
- What is emotional abuse?
- The NSPCC’s Emotional abuse and the impact on children guidance
- Untold Stories: Domestic abuse, coercive control and emotional abuse
- How to safeguard your wellbeing during the pandemic
Sport and mental heath:
- Safeguarding in Sport: A toolkit for supporting participants with their mental health
- The CPSU’s Mental health and wellbeing for young people in sport
- The CPSU’s Sample mental health and wellbeing statement
The Power of Language
- The Power of Language in Safeguarding Practice
- Sporting Equals’ Terminology resource
- Language Creates Reality: How Becca’s community project is revolutionising language use in health and social care
- Scope’s End the Awkward -support and advice to help people feel more comfortable about disability
- Victim Support and The Children’s Society guidance about appropriate language when working with young people subject to sexual exploitation [Download]
- The CPSU’s Podcast to find out how the Rugby Football League are listening to children
- NSPCC’s Guidance on having a difficult conversation with children
- Digital Safeguarding Resource Pack
- Introduction to Digital Safeguarding Guide
- Do you know how to support young people who have been abused online?
- Safeguarding, Young People and Virtual Delivery: Creating Safer Online Spaces
- The CPSU’s Online safety in sport
- The CPSU’s Online safety for sport podcast
- How to Stay Safe Online – Guidance for Adults and Young People with Learning Disabilities
- Do you know how to spot the signs of digital scams?
- Safeguarding in Esports with Fnatic podcast
- What is cyber bullying?
- How to spot the signs adult grooming
- Adult Grooming in Sport – If it feels wrong, it is wrong
- An introduction to predatory marriage podcast
- How to spot the signs of abuse and exploitation
- The CPSU’s Learning from lived experience of childhood sexual abuse podcast with former swimmer, Karen Leach
- The CPSU’s Protecting children from grooming and sexual abuse in sport guidance
Creating Safer Organisational Cultures
- What is a safer culture?
- Facility Safeguarding Checklist for the Leisure Industry
- Individual or organisational safeguarding checklist – a free assessment
- Join the #SaferCultureSaferSport campaign
- Safeguarding Adults Policy & Procedures Templates
- The CPSU’s A journey to better safeguarding with the Lawn Tennis Association podcast
- Reporting and recording safeguarding issues
- Would you know how to spot the signs of harm and abuse and how to respond? Case studies [Download]