Safeguarding Week 2021
Safeguarding week is about raising awareness. We’d like to invite you to take part in Safeguarding Week by holding events and sharing information that will help make a Wales a safe place for all.
Sign up to access free resources in English and Welsh. Together we can keep people safe!
In 2020, Sport Wales translated ACT resources for you to share in Welsh- and will be doing the same this year. Cyfieithodd Chwaraeon Cymru adnoddau Ymddiriedolaeth Ann Craft i chi eu rhannu yn y Gymraeg – byddwn yn gwneud yr un peth eleni.
Safeguarding Week Resources
You can explore social media assets, resources for the week, pre-written tweets, podcasts and posters here. Our resources have currently been published in English. The Welsh translation will be available on this page soon! We are also working with the CPSU to provide resources in relation to safeguarding young people.
If you are based in a sport and activity organisation, you can also explore our guide for how the sport and activity sector can support the week!
You can join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #SafeguardingAdultsWeek and #SaferWales
Safeguarding Adults Week- Events
To raise awareness during the week, The Ann Craft Trust have a range of training sessions taking place. Join us to develop your safeguarding practice!
- Tuesday 16 Nov – Free Seminar, Online Grooming and Sexual Abuse: A Personal Account
- Thursday 18 Nov – Grooming and Exploitation: Opening Eyes and Minds Conference
- Friday 19 Nov – Free Seminar: The Power of Language in Safeguarding Practice
- Tuesday 16, 19 & 23rd Nov – Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training for Managers and Designated Safeguarding Leads (This course relates to English safeguarding legislation)
- Various dates during October and November- Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity in Wales Training
Regional Safeguarding Boards
If you are based in Wales, there may also be events local to you hosted by regional Safeguarding Boards during the week. See the links below to explore what is happening in your area.