This course will explore the key changes within safeguarding as part of the Care Act. The participant will be encouraged to identify where the challenges are and seek solutions towards implementation in practice.
The course will cover best practice, expectations of regulators and lessons learnt incorporating safeguarding adult reviews.
Who is this course for?
This course is for managers who have a role that includes responsibility for safeguarding in their organisation.
This could include:
- Senior Managers
- Safeguarding Leads
- Compliance Managers
Aims of Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training for Managers
- To refresh knowledge and understanding of the Care Act 2014
- To identify key areas of change within Safeguarding and explore the impact this will have in practice
- To understand the role and responsibility of the safeguarding lead incorporating a step by step’ approach to all the aspects of the role of the lead in Safeguarding.
- To look at ways of ensuring best practice
- To consider how the people you support are included
Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training for Managers will explore the following areas:
- Care Act 2014
The key changes to safeguarding adults at risk introduced by the Care Act in 2014 will be identified and explained.
- Identifying safeguarding challenges
Participants will be supported to identify safeguarding challenges within their own organisation and encouraged to seek appropriate solutions.
- Embedding in practice
Participants will learn how to embed solutions within the organisation on a day-to-day basis.
- Expectations of regulators
This course will cover the expectations of your organisation by regulators and learn from safeguarding adult reviews.