This course will define and explore the scope of financial abuse and look at the particular risks to people with learning disabilities to financial abuse. Delegates will develop an understanding of their role in the responding to financial abuse and crime and the signs and symptoms associated with financial abuse.
Leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Who is this course for?
This course is for support staff in health, social care or related services that delivers frontline support.
This could include:
- Health staff
- Carers/ support staff
- Police officers
Aims of Financial Abuse of People with Learning Disabilities Training:
- Define and understand the scope of financial abuse including cyber related crimes.
- Explain why people with learning disabilities are particularly at risk of financial abuse.
- Be able to identify signs and symptoms associated with financial abuse.
- Identify the actions needed to minimise the risk of financial abuse.
- Know what steps to take in the event of financial abuse.
Financial Abuse of People with Learning Disabilities Training will explore the following areas:
- Policies and law
Understanding policy and the law in relation to financial abuse and crime
- Signs and symptoms
Exploring the range of signs and symptoms associated with financial abuse
- Minimising the risk of financial abuse
Learning the essential actions needed to minimise the risk of financial abuse
- Exploring resources and best practice guidance
Working through and sharing the range of relevant resources related to financial abuse
Understanding roles and responsibilities
This course is designed to help participants understand their own role in responding to financial abuse.