This course aims to cover the newest safeguarding challenges. The course will identify new challenges in safeguarding and work with you to consider how you are implementing them.
By identifying the knowledge and skills you already have, we can identify what may be required to ensure best practice in line with the new challenges. We will consider how the people you support are included and formulate an action plan for your future working.
Who is this course for?
This course is for managers who have a roll that includes responsibility for safeguarding in their organisation.
This could include:
- Senior Managers
- Safeguarding Leads
- Compliance Managers
Aims of The Care Act and New Safeguarding Challenges – Implications for Practice
- To identify the new safeguarding challenges that have been introduced
- To consider how your organisation is implementing this new work
- To identify the knowledge and skills you already have and what may be required to ensure best practice
- To consider how the people you support are included
- Formulate an action plan for future working
The Care Act and New Safeguarding Challenges will explore the following areas:
- Embedding the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act
Learn about the implications for safeguarding within this legislation and how to apply it to everyday practice
- Implementing ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’
Understanding why Making Safeguarding Personal happened and how it affects practice
- Self-neglect and well-being
Learning about the principles of self-neglect and well-being and recognising the dilemmas and safeguarding challenges
Training tailored to you
In addition to the above Care Act and New Safeguarding Challenges training course we can provide bespoke training to meet your training needs.
The above courses can also be tailored to meet the needs of Trustees and board level requirements.