This 3 hour course aims to cover safeguarding adults at risk in sport and activity responsibilities for Board Members and Senior Management. It explores safeguarding legislation, safeguarding ‘referral’ processes, disciplinary processes, best practice and how to support implementing safeguarding policies.
Who is this course for?
This course is for board members and senior managers at sports and activity organisations who hold responsibility for the welfare of their members and participants.
This could include:
- National Governing Body Board Members
- Active Partnership Board Members
- Senior Management
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 4
- Examine how to keep adults safe in sport and activity and how to ensure that staff demonstrate best practice.
- Look at the leadership role through consistent demonstration of best practice.
- Learn about best practice in the investigation of complaints and allegations.
- Explore how to ensure plans and targets are embedded at a strategic level.
- Consider how contractual arrangements adhere to Safeguarding Adults policy and procedure.
- Look at the involvement of adults at risk in the evaluation and development of services.
Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 4 will explore the following areas:
- Safeguarding and the law
Identify relevant legislation to safeguarding including the Mental Capacity Act and Care Act.
- Best practice
Explore case studies and examples of scenarios in sports organisations to demonstrate safeguarding best practice.
- Implementing safeguarding policies
Learn how to effectively design and implement safeguarding policies throughout your organisation.
- Recruitment and disciplinary processes
Examine the steps to recruiting staff safely and how disciplinary processes work in regards to safeguarding.
- Your role in the ‘referral’ process
Understand the full ‘referral’ process and where your role lies as senior management.
Training tailored to you
In addition to Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 4 we can provide bespoke training to meet your training needs.