This one-day course aims to cover safeguarding adults at risk in sport and activity responsibilities for Safeguarding Leads & Welfare Officers. It will explore best practice, the law and how to support implementing safeguarding policies.
Leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone responsible for receiving concerns and making safeguarding referrals in sports and activity organisations at a local or county level.
This could include:
- Club Safeguarding Leads
- Club Welfare Leads
- County Welfare Officers
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3
- Learning how to create a safer environment.
- Defining an adult at risk and abuse.
- Considering recent safeguarding cases in sport.
- Understanding types of abuse/signs and signals of abuse.
- Recognising cause for concern scenarios and understanding when to refer.
- Identifying levels of response.
- Understanding the role of the Local Authority.
- Understanding whistle blowing, writing a report and forensic evidence.
Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3 will explore the following areas:
- Best practice
This course will use case studies and examples of scenarios in sports organisations to demonstrate safeguarding best practice.
- Implementing safeguarding policies
Learn how to implement safeguarding policies throughout your organisation and how to encourage and inform others.
- What to do when you receive a safeguarding concern
Explore your role in the process and how you should respond to a concern reported to you.
- Making a safeguarding ‘referral’
Learn how to support the coach or volunteer who has the concern and how to make a referral.
- Safeguarding and the law
Identify relevant legislation to safeguarding and activity and discuss how these relate to safeguarding for sports and activity organisations.
- What can be done in your organisation/club if a case doesn’t meet the local authority’s safeguarding adults thresholds, but you still want to support the person.
Training tailored to you
In addition to Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3 we can provide bespoke training to meet your training needs.