This three-hour course aims to provide awareness of safeguarding adults at risk in sport and activity for anyone within a sport or activity organisation.
Leave your details and we'll be in touch.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone within a sport or activity organisation that has adult participants.
This could include:
- Other support staff or volunteers
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 1
- Explore responsibilities in relation to safeguarding (organisational, local and legislative).
- Identify the signs and symptoms types of abuse, and factors affecting risk of abuse.
- Look at what consists of poor practice.
- Know who to go to if you have a safeguarding adults concern.
Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 1 will explore the following areas:
- Supporting a safer environment
Look at how you contribute to creating a safer environment for adult participants.
- What is safeguarding?
Define what safeguarding is and how it applies to sports and activity organisations.
- Indicators of concern and types of abuse
Examine key indicators of abuse and learning to recognise the different types of abuse.
- Your role within safeguarding
Understand what your role is and your responsibilities in terms of safeguarding and participant’s welfare.
Training tailored to you
In addition to Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 1 we can provide bespoke training to meet your training needs.