When working through the Framework, you’ll have to submit evidence indicating where and how you meet the criteria.
To help you prepare to complete the Framework, here are some examples of the evidence you might have to provide. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
Safeguarding Governance Evidence
- Evidence showing the organisations board or management committee sign off for the safeguarding policy, procedures and action/implementation plans Including allocation of required resources.
- A copy of the organisations operational and annual delivery plan which makes reference to the organisations work on safeguarding adults.
- Evidence showing that an organisational Safeguarding lead – and others with responsibility for safeguarding (paid or volunteers)- are in post at relevant levels across the organisation – and have clear/detailed job descriptions.
- Examples of methods used by an organisation’s board or management committee to receive updates and monitor safeguarding adults.
- A copy of the organisation’s Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures & safeguarding action/implementation plan.
- Examples of information and data produced for the organisations board or management committee
- Job descriptions which make reference to the roles and responsibility for safeguarding adults for each post.
- Examples of user and stakeholder involvement, e.g. questionnaires, forums, direct feedback.
- Evidence that demonstrates safeguarding messages are disseminated, implemented and known throughout the sport at all levels.
- Copy of the organisation’s complaints policy and procedure and how this links to safeguarding.
Implementation of Safeguarding Policy Evidence
- Copy of the organisations Safeguarding Adults Policy and procedure,
- Good practice examples of how the organisations is implementing and embedding safeguarding adults throughout the sport.
- Copy of the reporting/responding flow charts and system for the organisation.
- Demonstration of embedded practice.
- Anonymised copies of concerns and referrals made to the organisation.
- A copy of the organisations Whistle Blowing Policy.
- Examples of safeguarding adult information (e.g. leaflets) and guidance produced and how they have been distributed.
- Evidence that shows the process and procedures your organisation uses to actively encourage people to share their concerns.
- A copy of the organisations communication strategy and examples of communication on safeguarding adults.
- Examples of stakeholders receiving and using communication and guidance distributed by the organisation.
- A copy of the organisations approach and strategy to safeguard adults.
- Evidence the organisation has provided sufficient resource for the plan/strategy.
- Details of the training provided by the organisation to staff and volunteers.
- Records of training attendance for all staff and volunteers.
- Evaluation forms; sample attendance registers.
- Examples of information given to participants re staying safe.
- Training specific to roles.
- Examples of sign posting information to staff and volunteers.
- Examples of safeguarding adult leaflets and guidance produced and who/how they have been distributed.
- Evidence the organisation is actively providing safeguarding adults training.
- A copy of the organisations records of safeguarding training completed by staff and volunteers.
- Safeguarding adults training plan / strategy.
- Methods used to publicise training available.
- Evidence of the resources being made available to ensure training takes place.
- A copy of the organisations recruitment policy and procedure which identifies the requirements for positions working with adults.
- Evidence of adult safeguarding principles being applied during the process of advertising and employing staff and volunteers.
- Copies of job/role descriptions.
- Examples of job adverts used.
- Guidance produced on roles that require DBS checks.
- Anonymised data base info on tracking who has been safely recruited/checked.
Codes of Conduct Evidence
- Copy of the organisations Code of Conduct.
- Evidence to show how the organisations Code of Conduct explicitly relates to the welfare and rights of adults.
- Examples of how the organisations Code of Conduct is implemented, signed up to and upheld by staff, volunteers, members and participants.
- Examples of how breaches of the Code of Conduct are managed and dealt with
- Evidence of how a breach of the organisation’s Code of Conduct is identified and reported.
Case Management Evidence
- The organisation can show evidence of the case management group having safeguarding adults expertise within its membership.
- Examples of how the organisation provides support for victims, whistle blowers.
- Examples of how the organisation provides support for alleged perpetrators.
- Evidence of statutory involvement when required by the case management panel.
- The organisation can show evidence of the case management groups link to Local Safeguarding Adults Boards.
- Evidence to show the organisation has established a case management group with at least one member who is recruited for their expertise on safeguarding adults and additional experience of managing disciplinary procedure.
- Evidence of case management group member role descriptions and recruitment in relation to adult safeguarding expertise.
- The organisation’s case management policy/terms of reference including the role and responsibility for safeguarding adults.