Safeguarding Adults Week 2023 will take place 20 – 24 November.
It’s an opportunity for organisations from a range of sectors to join forces to:
- Raise awareness of important safeguarding key issues.
- Start conversations about safeguarding.
- Develop confidence in recognising signs of abuse and neglect, and recording and reporting safeguarding concerns.
Looking After Yourself and Others
The theme for Safeguarding Adults Week 2023 is ‘Looking After Yourself and others’. We are focusing on how you can prioritise the welfare and wellbeing of yourself and others. Each day of the week will focus on a different safeguarding theme:
- Monday – What’s My Role in Safeguarding Adults?
- Tuesday – Let’s Start Talking – Taking The Lead on Safeguarding in Your Organisation
- Wednesday – Who Cares For The Carers? Secondary and Vicarious Trauma
- Thursday – Adopting a Trauma Informed approach to Safeguarding Adults
- Friday – Listen, Learn, Lead – Co-Production With Experts by Experience
How Can You Or Your Organisation Get Involved?
- Sign up to receive your free electronic Safeguarding Adults Week resources from the Ann Craft Trust!
- Book onto the ‘Looking After Yourself and Others: Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding Adults Conference’ The conference will include keynote sessions and workshops that will help you to learn how to develop effective techniques for safeguarding your wellbeing, and the wellbeing of your staff and people you support.
- Share our free podcasts, posters and resources within your organisation. You could also create your own. Watch this space as we will be adding more resources over the coming weeks!
- Use the hashtag #SafeguardingAdultsWeek on social media to share your safeguarding initiatives or our resources! We’ll be releasing our pre-written tweet schedule soon!
- Develop your knowledge –Complete one of our e-learning courses or book onto one of our safeguarding adults training events.
- Complete the Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding Adults Checklist, This will test your safeguarding knowledge and identify whether your organisation has appropriate policies and procedures in place. When you’re done, we’ll send you free resources to help develop your practice.
- Attend a free online seminar run by the Ann Craft Trust. During Safeguarding Adults Week, we will be hosting free online seminars that anyone can join. See below and our events page for more information:
- Monday 20 November ‘Who’s looking after the people looking after the people?’
- Monday 20 November, ‘Ann Craft Trust Seminar and AGM’. We will be joined by Open Door to discuss how they’ve embedded safeguarding adults into UK drama schools.
- Tuesday 21 November, Let’s Start Talking – Taking The Lead on Safer Cultures in Your Organisation
- Friday 24 November, Creating Safer Cultures in Sport: Developing Boccia England’s ‘Your Wellbeing Toolkit’
We hope you can support Safeguarding Adults Week 2023.
If you would like to know more, have a resource you would like to share with us, or have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.