The project saw Sport England fund pilot projects aimed at getting people with long-term health conditions active.
The new report calls on organisations to work collectively to develop opportunities for people with long-term health conditions to live active lives.
The report has produced a number of practical tips on:
- delivering and evaluating physical activity projects aimed at people with long-term health conditions
- collaboratively delivering programmes of work
- orchestrating organisational change through the prioritisation and embedding of physical activity into ‘business as usual’ work.
It also features recommendations for Sport England and other funders and commissioners that focus on the need to:
- review how we evaluate similar programmes
- encourage deliverers to make use of existing learning and insight
- commit to developing more appropriate evaluation measures for the audience.