This training covers the essentials for safeguarding adults in sport and activity clubs for Club Welfare/Safeguarding Officers.
This session includes how to identify concerns, respond to concerns and disclosures and how to create a safe culture within a sport or activity club setting.
Date: Monday 19 June 2023
Time: 6.00 pm – 8.30 pm
Cost: £40 per delegate.
Location: Online – we will send you a link to a Microsoft Teams meeting before the training begins.
By the end of the course, participants will understand:
- The role and responsibilities of the Club Welfare Officer
- Why we need to safeguard adults in sport and activity.
- How to Identify poor practice and types of abuse and neglect.
- How to respond and deal with concerns about adults.
- Where to go for further information and advice on safeguarding adults.
This is all underpinned by understanding how we can create a safer culture.
Who is this training for?
This training is for Sport and Activity Club Welfare/Safeguarding Officers.
For those with no previous safeguarding adults training, we would recommend completing the Introductory Training prior to attending this course.
What type of training is this?
This Essential Training consists of a 2½ hour online training session.
Please note – This training will focus on English legislation.