- Are you passionate about making sport a safe space for everyone?
- Are you knowledgeable about safeguarding in sport?
- Do you have experience of facilitating training?
- Are you enthusiastic about supporting sport and activity organisations in Wales to develop their safeguarding knowledge?
If so, apply to join our team of Associate Trainers! Deadline Monday 19 April 2021.
We are looking for safeguarding trainers to deliver a program of 3 hour (2 x 1.5 hour) training sessions to people who work and volunteer in sports and activity clubs across Wales. The aim is for the course attendees to feel confident in their role to safeguard adult participants and athletes.
We will be taking a blended approach to training delivery. Currently all courses are delivered online. We anticipate some courses being delivered face-to-face in the future.
About the Ann Craft Trust
The Ann Craft Trust is a UK wide charity which is committed to safeguarding adults and young people at risk. We work with a wide range of organisations including UK Sport, Sport England and Sport Wales supporting best practice in safeguarding adults at risk. Our Safeguarding in Sports Team supports sport and activity organisations to safeguard adults by providing information, resources and training from grassroots to elite level. We also provide tailored support for organisations to bench mark their governance and practice and to take the next steps to ensure their sport is a safe space for all.
We are Looking for People Who:
- Have education/training or facilitation experience both face to face and online.
- Are knowledgeable on the subject of safeguarding adults in sport.
- Have a good understanding of current safeguarding legislation and guidance across Wales.
- Can demonstrate a track record of working with adults and have up to date knowledge of abuse and protection issues adults face.
- Has knowledge of pathways and services able to support adults experiencing abuse in Wales.
- Have the ability to work flexibly (evenings and weekends may be required).
- Have excellent communication, facilitation and organisational skills.
Please email a letter of application and your CV to Ruth Ingram – Safeguarding Adults in Sport Manager (Wales) by Monday April 19th 2021
Thank you for your interest/ Diolch yn fawr am eich diddordeb.