This course will explore the need for early support and a whole family approach when working with disabled children, young people and their families.
Sarah Goff, Ann Craft Trust’s Safeguarding Young People Manager, will lead this course which will increase understandings of the importance of working with the whole family; disabled children and young people, their parents and carers and siblings.
Research highlights that families do not feel heard and need earlier help from all services, health, education as well as social care. This is particularly the case in relation to children with neurodevelopmental needs and where there are delays in diagnosis or hidden disabilities.
The course will provide insights into the challenges faced by families, many of which have been exacerbated by austerity measures and COVID-19. There will be a focus on the urgent need for a whole family approach and time to explore what this means for multi-agency practice across children’s and adults’ services.
What will the Training Cover?
- There will be a focus on lived experience and voice. The course will utilise Sarah’s partnerships with ChildLine, SIBS and parents of disabled young people to draw upon the experiences of disabled children and young people and their families in the current context.
- The training will include discussions of key learning from serious case reviews and practice learning reviews.
- The training will draw upon recent research and policy as a basis for good practice.
- The training will explore examples of good practice to support practitioners with the challenges they encounter in their day-to-day roles.
- Date: Tuesday 9 November 09.45-1.00pm via Microsoft Teams.
- Cost: £99 per person.
- Who can attend? The course is aimed at both ‘mainstream’ and specialist services across children’s and adults’ social care, and people working in the health and education sector. This course will be valuable for anyone working with children and young people and their families
- Questions? Please contact us and a member of the team will be more than happy to support.
Please note: If you book a place and cannot make it, please let us know within 28 days of the event. Otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee. Feel free to send another delegate from your organisation in your place.