This course is fully booked. We will be adding future dates in the coming weeks. How to Effectively Minute Take in Safeguarding Meetings.
The role of a minute taker within safeguarding meetings is a very important one and which is pivotal to the success of the function and outcomes of the relevant meetings. This practical training will focus on the role of the minute taker and provide you with an overview into how to succeed in your role.
Date and Time
This course is run online. The day will include a one hour lunch break.
Monday 6 March 2023, 10.00-15.00 (with a one hour lunch break)
What will the training cover?
Understanding the need for safeguarding.
The first part of the session will:
- Provide an overview of what safeguarding is, the types of abuse and neglect and some of the key terms and language that is used within safeguarding meetings. This will aid your understanding and improve your minutes.
- Explore the purpose of safeguarding meetings, where you fit in as a minute taker and the significance of minutes.
- Consider your fears, challenges, and positive experiences of being the minute taker. The session will explore how you can overcome those fears and begin to think about how preparation for safeguarding meetings can lead to an effective meeting and formulation of good quality minutes.
Creating good quality minutes and improving the success of safeguarding.
The second element of the session will:
- Explore how to ensure that your minutes reflect the meeting, what information is important to record and how you work alongside the chair and other members of the meeting to produce good quality minutes.
- Consider the importance of listening in relation to minute taking skills.
- Discuss what good minutes look like.
Who is this Course for?
This course is for all those with an interest in or a responsibility for safeguarding adults and could include:
- Safeguarding Meeting Minute Takers.
- Administration or support staff who take minutes infrequently.
- Anyone who take safeguarding meeting minutes.
Pricing & Payment
The fee for this course is £99 per person.
You will need to provide an email address for us to send you your invoice to when booking onto this course. If your organisation requires a purchase order (PO) number to make payments, you will need to provide this also on booking your place. Please contact the Finance department within your own organisation if you need support with this. Payment can be made by bacs or bank transfer – details will be included on the invoice which will be emailed prior to the training taking place.
Cancellation Policy: If you notify us within 28 days of the course start that you cannot attend, you will not be charged. If you provide less than 28 days notice or do not attend on the day, you will be charged the full course fee. If you are unable to attend, please feel free to nominate a colleague from your organisation, emailing their name and email address 48 hours before the start of the event to email@example.com.