- Tuesday 17th November 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – The Fundamentals of Safeguarding Adults.
- Wednesday 18th November 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – Legal Framework and Safeguarding Adults.
- Tuesday 24th November 9.30 am – 10.30 am – Record Keeping, Reporting and Information Sharing.
- Wednesday 25th November 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – Safeguarding Adults: Moving Forward.
Please note that you must be available to attend each session to get the full training.
We only have space for 15 delegates, so book now to avoid disappointment!
This course is free for Sport England and UK Sport-funded NGBs and Active Partnerships. For anyone else wanting to attend, there is a charge of £15 per module, so a total cost of £60.
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3
- Learn how to create a safer environment.
- Define an adult at risk and abuse.
- Consider recent safeguarding cases in sport.
- Understand types of abuse, and the signs and signals of abuse.
- Recognise cause for concern scenarios and understand when to refer.
- Identify levels of response.
- Understand the role of the Local Authority.
Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3 will explore the following areas:
- Best practice.
We’ll use case studies and examples of scenarios in sports organisations to demonstrate safeguarding best practice.
- Implementing safeguarding policies.
Learn how to implement safeguarding policies throughout your organisation. Also learn how to encourage and inform others.
- What to do when you receive a safeguarding concern.
Explore your role in the process. Learn how you should respond to a concern reported to you.
- Making a safeguarding ‘referral’.
Learn how to support the coach or volunteer who has the concern. Find out how to make a referral to the relevant authorities.
- Safeguarding and the law.
Identify relevant legislation to safeguarding and activity. Discuss how these relate to safeguarding for sports and activity organisations.
We’ll also explore what you can do if a case doesn’t meet the local authority’s safeguarding adults thresholds, but you still want to support the person.
This event is now full!