- Tuesday 11th August 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – The Fundamentals of Safeguarding Adults.
- Thursday 13th August 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – Legal Framework and Safeguarding Adults.
- Tuesday 18th August 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – Record Keeping, Reporting and Information Sharing.
- Thursday 20th August 11.00 am – 12.00 pm – Safeguarding Adults: Moving Forward.
Please note that you must be available to attend each session to get the full training.
We only have space for 25 delegates, so book now to avoid disappointment!
This course is free for Sport England and UK Sport-funded NGBs and Active Partnerships. For anyone else wanting to attend, there is a charge of £15 per module, so a total cost of £60.
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3
- Learn how to create a safer environment.
- Define an adult at risk and abuse.
- Consider recent safeguarding cases in sport.
- Understand types of abuse, and the signs and signals of abuse.
- Recognise cause for concern scenarios and understand when to refer.
- Identify levels of response.
- Understand the role of the Local Authority.
Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3 will explore the following areas:
- Best practice.
We’ll use case studies and examples of scenarios in sports organisations to demonstrate safeguarding best practice.
- Implementing safeguarding policies.
Learn how to implement safeguarding policies throughout your organisation. Also learn how to encourage and inform others.
- What to do when you receive a safeguarding concern.
Explore your role in the process. Learn how you should respond to a concern reported to you.
- Making a safeguarding ‘referral’.
Learn how to support the coach or volunteer who has the concern. Find out how to make a referral to the relevant authorities.
- Safeguarding and the law.
Identify relevant legislation to safeguarding and activity. Discuss how these relate to safeguarding for sports and activity organisations.
We’ll also explore what you can do if a case doesn’t meet the local authority’s safeguarding adults thresholds, but you still want to support the person.
Book Your Place
To book your place at Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3, please fill in the form below: