This course covers the essentials for safeguarding adults at risk in sport and activity.
This course focuses on ensuring sport and activity is safe for all adults. We’ll begin by exploring what safeguarding is. We’ll then explore how to recognise abuse, and the roles and responsibilities within clubs when responding to concerns. We use a mix of training methods including input from our expert trainers, group work and the opportunity to share and learn with others who work or volunteer in sport.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone involved with adults in sport who may recognise and raise concerns about player welfare and adult safeguarding issues.
This could include:
- Team managers
- Club officials
If you have no previous training or information about safeguarding adults you may want to complete our e-learning course before attending this course. The e-learning course provides an introduction to safeguarding adults.
This course is delivered in English.
Cost – £35
Wednesday 9 March 2022 6.00 pm – 9.00 pm
We will be releasing additional dates throughout the year. Please contact us to find out more.
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity in Wales: Level 2 Training
- Support your sport to be a safe space for all
- Increase confidence to recognise when there are concerns
- Be clear about your responsibilities to report and respond to concerns
- Have an understanding of the actions that may be taken by your club/organisation and other agencies
- Increase confidence to support ongoing participation by adults at risk
This course will explore:
- What is safeguarding? Defining what safeguarding is and how it applies to sport and activity organisations.
- How to recognise signs of abuse. Understanding the different types and contexts of abuse and its impact.
- Your role within safeguarding. Understanding what your role is and your responsibilities in terms of safeguarding and responding to concerns about players’ welfare.
- Processes. The course will explain the safeguarding process and what to expect when there is a concern.
- You and the law. Identifying relevant legislation in Wales and how this applies to you.
Training tailored to you
We provide this training as an open course – available to people from sport and activities across Wales. On request, we can provide this training to your organisation – incorporating any issues specific to your sport/organisation as requested.
We also provide open and bespoke training at all levels for example to Governing Bodies, Club Committees and specialist teams. Please contact us for more information.