This course covers safeguarding adults for Safeguarding Leads/Officers/Deputies in NGBs and Active Partnerships in England.
We’ll explore best practice, the law, how to respond to and report safeguarding adult concerns, creating a safer culture and an inclusive and accessible environment, and the importance of effective safeguarding policies and procedures.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone responsible for receiving concerns and making safeguarding adult referrals in NGBs and Active Partnerships in England.
Please Note: As this is a Level 3 training course, the expectation is that participants will have covered the basics of safeguarding adults (either in Basic Awareness Training or Training at Levels 1 or 2) and therefore have a general understanding of the fundamental concepts of safeguarding adults before attending this training.
If you are from another home nation, please contact ACT to discuss your training needs.
The course will take place across four 1.5 hour, online sessions.
- Tuesday 18th May
- Wednesday 19th May
- Tuesday 25th May
- Wednesday 26th May
Each session will take place 1.00 pm – 2.30 pm.
Please note that you must be available to attend each session to get the full training.
There will be small group work and a small amount of reading/thinking between sessions
We only have space for 15 delegates, so book now to avoid disappointment!
This course is free for Sport England funded NGBs and Active Partnerships in England. For anyone else wanting to attend, there is a charge of £60.
Please note: If you book a place and cannot make it, please let us know within 28 days of the event. Otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee. Feel free to send another delegate from your organisation in your place.
You will receive an invoice within 14 days of your booking. If we are required to quote a purchase order number on your invoice, please indicate this when booking. Alternatively, please provide us with purchase order number details within 14 days of booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the invoice is processed by your accounts or finance department, please ensure their email address is provided when booking. Your invoice will then be emailed in PDF format to the invoicing email address provided.
Aims of Safeguarding Adults in Sport & Activity Training: Level 3
- Understand background and context of Safeguarding Adults including relevant key legislation, guidance and principles and how they relate to sport & activity
- Recognise the importance of Safeguarding Adult Policies and Procedures and understand how other policies and procedures can support safeguarding in sport & activity
- Understand your role and responsibilities when receiving and responding to safeguarding adult concerns and making safeguarding adult referrals to the Local Authority
- Understand issues of consent, defensible decision making, confidentiality and information sharing
- Identify responsibilities of sports organisations in safeguarding scenarios – ‘putting policy and procedures into practice’
- Understand the wider context of safeguarding adults in terms of creating a safer, more inclusive and accessible environment and culture
- Help you to identify gaps and actions you need to take away with you to improve safeguarding adult practice – through Personal Goal Setting