The Ann Craft Trust in conjunction with Sport Wales is running adults at risk training sessions designed for Sport National Governing Bodies (NGBs).
This training is for the Lead Safeguarding Officers, Board and Senior Staff members of sport NGBs in Wales.
The training will focus on Safeguarding Adults Welsh legislation so is not suitable for colleagues who only work across England.
Date: 30th April 2019
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Each NGB can book two places for free.
Additional places can be booked at £49 per delegate.
About the Day
The Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training will include:
- Sport NGBs – The Duty of Care
- The Social Services and Wellbeing Act (Wales) 2014
- Other National Legislation
- What is an Adult at Risk?
- Defining ‘abuse’
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Safeguarding Adults and Children – Strategic and Operational Differences/Similarities
- DBS checks for working with Adults at Risk
- Whistle Blowing
- The Future – The Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding Adults Framework
- Future training needs
Parking is free at the Sport Wales National Centre and is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Refreshments will be provided on arrival.
Book Your Place
To book your place at this event, please fill in the form below: