Call for Participants: We Want to Hear from Athlete Representatives about how Participants in Your Sport or Activity Experience Safeguarding in Sport.
It is vital that everyone can safely access sport and activity. Safe cultures should be fostered within sport and activity clubs to minimise the risk of harm and abuse. We are working with Sport England to explore what is working well, and what could be improved, in relation to safeguarding and sport.
We’re interested in talking to anyone who is acting as an athlete representative for grassroots, semi-professional, professional or elite level sport. We are specifically looking to hear from athlete representatives as it is hoped that people in these roles are in a strong position to feedback the views of participants within sport organisations.
What will the Focus Group Involve?
This focus group will specifically consider the voice of athlete representatives and the feedback they have received from participants in their club about how to promote safer environments for all.
We will discuss topics such as:
- What does safeguarding mean to you?
- What can individuals, clubs, and organisations do to keep people safe?
- What are the possible safeguarding risks in sport?
- How does your club support participants? Do members find this support effective?
Ready to Share your Experiences?
- Join our online focus group from 11.45-1pm on Friday 4 June. This focus group is for anyone who is an Athlete Representative in any sport or activity club, from grassroots to elite level sport. Use the form below to book your free place!
- We encourage you to gather feedback on the topics above from participants in your sport or activity club before joining the focus group.
- The session will be staffed by people from the Ann Craft Trust who are experienced in speaking to people about their experiences and responding to any safeguarding concerns.
If you are unable to attend a focus group but would still like to have your say, complete our short online survey!
Why are we running the Sport Participation Focus Groups?
- We are working with Sport England to develop safer cultures in sport. This means exploring how organisations and individuals can take steps to minimise harm occurring in the first instance. As an athlete representative your experiences will provide illuminating insights about what is working well in relation to safeguarding in sport and what could be improved.
- The focus group provides a safe and confidential space where you can tell us about your experiences. Your experiences will be used to inspire change in relation to safeguarding in sport.
I am a Sport Participant. How Can I have my Voice Heard?
We have an ongoing online survey that we would encourage any sports participants to complete. Please encourage other sports participants in your club to complete our survey to share their ideas and experiences.
We also host focus group for participants and can run a session for participants in your club. Please contact us to find out more.