This online course covers Safeguarding Adults for Lead Safeguarding Officers/Deputies in National Governing Bodies (NGBs) in Wales. It is also relevant for National Lead/Deputy Safeguarding Officers in other sport and activity organisations.
We’ll explore best practice, the law, and how to respond to and report safeguarding adult concerns. We’ll also discuss creating a safer culture and an inclusive and accessible environment, as well as the importance of effective safeguarding policies and procedures.
The aim of this training is to enable you to:
- Understand the background and context of Safeguarding Adults. This includes relevant Welsh legislation, guidance and principles and how they relate to sport and activity.
- Recognise the importance of Safeguarding Adult Policies and Procedures. Understand how other policies and procedures can support safeguarding in sport and activity.
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a Safeguarding Lead when receiving and responding to safeguarding adult concerns and making safeguarding adult referrals to other external agencies, such as the Police or the Local Authority.
- Understand issues of consent, defensible decision making, confidentiality and information sharing.
- Identify responsibilities of sports organisations in safeguarding scenarios – ‘putting policy and procedures into practice’.
- Understand the wider context of safeguarding adults in terms of creating a safer, more inclusive and accessible environment and culture.
- Identify gaps and actions you need to take away with you to improve safeguarding adult practice in your organisation and for yourself – through Personal Goal Setting.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone responsible for receiving concerns and making safeguarding adult referrals in NGBs and other sport and activity organisations in Wales.
As this is an Advanced training course, the expectation is that participants will have covered the basics of safeguarding adults (by attending basic awareness/introductory training or completing relevant e-Learning such as the Ann Craft Trust Introductory Training) and therefore have a general understanding of the fundamental concepts of safeguarding adults before attending this training.
The training will take place across four 1.5 hour online sessions from 1:30pm-3:00pm:
- Tuesday November 7th
- Wednesday November 8th
- Tuesday November 14th
- Wednesday November 15th
Please note that you must be available to attend each session to complete the full training course.
This is an online course. After you sign up, the links to dedicated Microsoft Teams meetings for each session will appear on your Eventbrite ticket so please retain this in your calendar.
Cost: £125 per delegate
This course is FREE for Safeguarding Leads and Deputy Safeguarding Leads working at a national level in Sport Wales or UK Sport funded NGBs in Wales. You will need a code when registering for this free place please contact our Safeguarding manager in Sport; Jodi Evans at email@example.com for the code.
For anyone else, including Safeguarding Leads/Deputy Safeguarding Leads at County or Club Level, there is a charge of £125.
This Course is now Fully Booked.
Cancellation Policy: If you notify us within 28 days of the course start that you cannot attend, you will not be charged. If you provide less than 28 days notice or do not attend on the day, you will be charged the full course fee. If you are unable to attend, please feel free to nominate a colleague from your organisation, emailing their name and email address 48 hours before the start of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.