Join us to learn more about how to appropriately respond to concerns of self-neglect.
This training will draw upon ACT’s safeguarding adults reviews and recent research to explore best practices in supporting and responding to situations involving self-neglect. The session will include an interactive discussion about how to develop your practice to allow you to respond appropriately to situations involving self-neglect.
What will the training cover?
This three hour training session will explore:
• The complexity of balancing the needs of adults, capacity, positive risk taking and the need for intervention to protect.
• Best practice principles in context of lessons learnt from safeguarding adults reviews, and from research through the use of case studies.
• The role of a multi-agency team and the importance of your role within this to manage risk and effectively supports individuals.
Who can attend?
This course welcomes those working across sectors in paid and voluntary roles. The course would be ideally suited to those in the following roles:
• Designated Safeguarding Leads in care, voluntary or community organisations
• Managers of provider services
• Team Leaders
This course will be run online on Thursday 17 June 09.30-12.30pm.
The fee for this course is £99 per person.
You will need to provide an email address for us to send you your invoice to when booking onto this course. If your organisation requires a purchase order (PO) number to make payments, you will need to provide this also on booking your place. Please contact the Finance department within your own organisation if you need support with this. Payment can be made by bacs or bank transfer – details will be included on the invoice which will be emailed prior to the training taking place.
Please note: If you book a place and cannot make it, please let us know within 28 days of the event. Otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee. Feel free to send another delegate from your organisation in your place.