Join us to learn more about how to manage risk an autonomy in situations involving self-neglect.
This training will draw upon ACT’s safeguarding adults reviews and recent research to explore the key challenges and best practice in situations involving self-neglect. The session will include an interactive discussion about what best practice looks like when responding to situations involving self-neglect in your practice.
What does the training involve?
The training will:
- Consider the application of the legislation and policy in respect of self-neglect practice, particularly the Mental Capacity Act (2005), Care Act (2014) and Human Rights Act (1998).
- Explore and reflect on the key challenges associated with this work as a social worker, manager, or other lead agency in self-neglect practice.
- Consider practice guidance and principles relating to the complexity of balancing the needs of adults, capacity, positive risk taking and the need for intervention to protect and what this means for practice.
- Review, in more depth best practice principles in context of lessons learnt from safeguarding adults reviews, and from research through the use of case studies.
Who can attend?
This course welcomes those working across sectors in paid and voluntary roles. The course would be ideally suited to those in the following roles:
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Social Work/Social Care Managers
This course will be run online on Monday 4 October, 1.00-4.00pm.
The fee for this course is £99 per person.
You will need to provide an email address for us to send you your invoice to when booking onto this course. If your organisation requires a purchase order (PO) number to make payments, you will need to provide this also on booking your place. Please contact the Finance department within your own organisation if you need support with this. Payment can be made by bacs or bank transfer – details will be included on the invoice which will be emailed prior to the training taking place.
Please note: If you book a place and cannot make it, please let us know within 28 days of the event. Otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee. Feel free to send another delegate from your organisation in your place.