Is it Abuse or Poor Practice?
This course is an exploratory session which will look at the fine line between abuse and poor practice and will challenge some of the preconceptions around these.
The session will draw upon a series of case studies to encourage attendees to discuss and explore the possible outcomes or actions that need to be taken across a range of situations when aiming for safeguarding best practice. The interactive nature of this training is ideal for practitioners seeking to reflect on and develop their practice.
The course will take place online on Thursday 16 September, 10am – 1pm.
What will the Training Cover?
- The course will provide a brief exploration of safeguarding adults in relation to the Care Act (2014), the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and other relevant guidance to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- The fine line between abuse and poor practice will be explored and we will discuss the circumstances around a situation that may influence our determination.
- The session will discuss when and how to report safeguarding concerns.
- The training will include interactive case studies for discussion.
Who is this Course for?
This course is for all those with an interest in or a responsibility for safeguarding adults and could include:
- Support workers
- Senior managers
- Social workers
- Designated safeguarding leads
Pricing & Payment
The fee for this course is £99 per person.
You will need to provide an email address for us to send you your invoice to when booking onto this course. If your organisation requires a purchase order (PO) number to make payments, you will need to provide this also on booking your place. Please contact the Finance department within your own organisation if you need support with this. Payment can be made by bacs or bank transfer – details will be included on the invoice which will be emailed prior to the training taking place.
Please note: If you book a place and cannot make it, please let us know within 28 days of the event. Otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee. Feel free to send another delegate from your organisation in your place.