This open training will explore the roles and responsibilities of managers in terms of safeguarding adults at risk (Level 3).
We’ll explore the key changes within safeguarding as part of the Care Act. The course will also look at the Mental Capacity Act in relation to safeguarding.
You’ll be encouraged to identify where the challenges are, and to seek solutions towards implementation in practice.
The course will cover best practice and the expectations of regulators. We’ll also share the lessons we’ve learned from safeguarding adult reviews.
Date: 21st May 2019
Time: 9:30am to 4.30pm
Price: £99 per person
Lunch will be provided.
Please bring change for the car park in case the card machine isn’t working.
Who is this course for?
This course is for managers who have a role that includes responsibility for safeguarding in their organisation.
This could include:
- Senior Managers
- Safeguarding Leads
- Compliance Managers
What will you get out of this course?
- Refresh your knowledge and understanding of the Care Act 2014
- Identify key areas of change within Safeguarding and explore the impact this will have in practice
- Understand the role and responsibility of the safeguarding lead incorporating a step by step’ approach to all the aspects of the role of the lead in Safeguarding.
- To look at ways of ensuring best practice
- To consider how the people you support are included
Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training for Managers will explore the following areas:
- Care Act 2014 & The Mental Capacity Act
We will identify and explain the key changes to safeguarding adults at risk introduced by the Care Act in 2014. We will also look at the Mental Capacity Act in relation to safeguarding.
- Identifying safeguarding challenges
We’ll help you identify safeguarding challenges within your own organisation, and help you seek appropriate solutions.
- Embedding in practice
You will learn how to embed solutions within your organisation on a day-to-day basis.
- Expectations of regulators
Find out what regulators expect of your organisation, and learn from safeguarding adult reviews.
Book Your Place
To book your place at this event please fill in the form below.
We will invoice you for payment once we have confirmed your booking.
Please Note: We may charge the full fee for cancellations within one week of the event. If you cannot make it, you are more than welcome to send an alternative delegate in your place.