This course will explore the exploitation of children and young people with learning needs and disabilities, diagnosed and undiagnosed.
This course is aimed at all practitioners working in mainstream services, health, education, social care police and third sector; Multi-agency safeguarding hubs (MASH), as well as young people and transitions services disability services and specialists.
Date: Wednesday March 3, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 3.00 pm
The course will focus on:
- Additional risks faced by these young people.
- Challenges faced by their family and those around in keeping them safe.
- How we need to adapt our practice.
- Understanding sexual and other forms of exploitation.
- Making sense of what it means to have a learning need or disability.
- The needs of those with hidden disabilities and the impacts of how society sees and treats young people.
- Risks of exclusion from school and not getting the right help.
Book Your Place
To book your place, please fill in the form below.